- Use fertilizers sparingly and sweep up driveways, sidewalks, and roads.
- Never dump anything down storm drains.
- Vegetate bare spots in your yard.
- Compost your yard waste.
- Avoid pesticides; learn about Integrated Pest Management (IPM).
- Direct downspouts away from paved surfaces.
- Take your car to the car wash instead of washing it in the driveway.
- Check car for leaks, and recycle motor oil.
- Pick up after your pet.
- If you have a septic tank, have it pumped and the system inspected regularly.
Water lawns in the early morning, Install rain sensors on sprinkler systems, Fix leaky faucets and hoses..they waste water and money.
Many people who are interested in conserving our precious groundwater resources consider harvesting rainwater for a …